Thursday, May 15, 2008

New Layout and a little about TJ

I was debating whether to go into this on my blog, but I thought I may as well. Last Friday, my little boy went to hospital to have his first botox injections in his calf (and possibly his thumb). He has a mild form of cerebral palsy (spasticity) where his left side of his body -arm and leg (muscles)are really tight. He went for botox in his calf muscle (4 injections) and is a part of a "Thumbs Up " study, where they are injecting half the kids in the study with botox in the thumb muscles and the other half with a placebo (saline). Regardless of the type of injection in the thumb, all the children get the same OT and physio and home p
rogram afterwards. When the study is finished, we will find out whether he had botox or not.

Anyway, Friday was a pretty hard day. Loj (hubby) couldn't be with us as he had some faculty retreat day for work, but luckily my parents came along. TJ had heaps of appointments all morning before the injections (starting at 830am) and had to fast from 7am. He then had to wait up in day surgery for 3 hours!! I swear he was an angel!! We finally were called down to theatre at 215pm. I went down with him and they suited me up to go in while he went under the general anaesthetic. I have been there once before when he was first diagnosed with CP and needed an MRI to confirm it... it broke my heart then and it did again. There is nothing worse than watching your child fight the gas and try to rip the mask off and then go all limp :( :(:( They shooed me out of the room then and I cried all the way back up to the ward.

He wasn't under that long and was back up in cuddle mode in the ard within 30 minutes. His OT then put a cast on his arm and hand to push his thum in the outward position. He was just an awesome little man. He had the cast removed today (Thursday), but his physio looked at his leg/ankle while walking and diecided to put a cast on his leg and ankle today (he wears that for 7-10 days). Poor little man is turning 3 on Monday and will have it on!!

Anyway, the point of this post is that the following layout was done for a scraplift challenge at Digital Candy, but is of the two of us before he went to theatre.




Kit used is Harmony by Baubles-n-Scraps.

Below is a 2 page spread of the day. I used it for a template challenge at Digital Candy, using a template by Chrissy W and "What Dreams May Come" by Flergs.



Don't forget to check out the challenge below!!

1 comment:

Lisa Cleverley Photography said...

Aww, this is beautiful Angie. I cannot begin to imagine what you have been through. TJ is a little trooper. What a brave little man.

Stay strong chick.

-Lisa