Thursday, April 24, 2008

My First Freebie- ANZAC DAY

Well here it is, my first freebie. I made this for an ANZAC DAY layout (traditions challenge at Digital Candy), using Carolyn Kite's Countryside kit.


An Australian tradition that we commemorate yearly on 25 April is ANZAC DAY. (ANZAC standing for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps). We commemorate this day as it is the day our troops landed at Galipoli Cove in Turkey in WW1. On this day, we hold Dawn Sevices (as this is when the troops landed) and hold ANZAC Day marches.

The journaling reads

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

This is The Ode which is read at the ANZAC Day services. It is part of a poem "For The Fallen" written by an English poet Laurence Binyon in 1914.


The photo is not mine, it is from The Australian newspaper.



So....if you would like the QP, click on the QP below. Please leave comments here to let me know if you have taken it, as Carolyn is hosting the download :)




Lest We Forget


This SP was made from Carolyn Kite's Countryside kit below. Click on the kit to check it out :)


Angie xx

3 comments:

ScrapShana said...

Thanks for the great info on this Auzzie holiday! And for the link to the great QP, too!

Jan said...

Thank you Carolyn and Angie. Love it!

Collie said...

Hi Angie

I have been looking for a Anzac Day rememberance page kit for using with my Grandfathers Lighthorse photo and this is a great one to adapt..I thankyou and Carolyn for making one available...I am using digitalscrapbookplace as my main layout placement....My wife Vallie in the grannies thread has got me interested in scrapbooking and it is fun....ty again..Collie